The Romanesque Revival-style building was constructed in 1891 as the main building for the Washington Loan and Trust Company. In 1927, a large addition along F Street doubled the size of the original structure. Acquired by Riggs National Bank in 1954, the building remains one of Washington’s few monumental Romanesque Revival-style buildings. Architectural design services of this historic building include adding a roof amenity space and obtaining historic preservation board approvals as well as architectural and interior design for the public space, guestrooms, and food and beverage outlets. The historic character of this Penn Quarter building will not only be retained, but enhanced and celebrated. The design concept connects with the building’s past as a bank, a private place for public affairs.